Get your kindle here

Friday 23 May 2014

Moving my newfoundland dog website

What a performance!  I decided to move my newfie website to another provider as the one I have is costing too much.  I found four so-called expert blogs giving instructions on how to do this, I bought hosting and arranged to move the domain name. 
 
My problem is that the navigation, i.e. the menu, is tied into the present provider and that is what I needed instructions for.  Well, the first one went into detail about loads of codes, you have to find somesuch access, etc, without telling me what that was or where I am likely to find it.  The second one said I would have to pay her to do it because it is too complicated for a dumbo like me (not in so many words, but that was the impression she gave), the fourth one had all the instructions except the one I needed and when I emailed him, told me they were all different.  Well, hello, either you know or you don't.  The other told me that if I didn't know what FTP meant I was not clever enough to do it.
 
Well, obviously if I didn't know what it meant I would google it to find out.  I ended up buying web design software and deciding to rebuild the website in that.  It seemed a lot easier than this which is obviously so complicated, nobody really knows how to do it.  They just pretend they do then try to make me feel stupid when I can't.  Yeah, right.  I am not falling for that one.
 
We have another nutter on the kdp forum this week, this one posting about me (I am so honoured) and calling me all sorts of names.  It doesn't work because I couldn't care less, but now he is getting in a state because it doesn't work and has resorted to locking himself in the bathroom and pummeling his little fists on the floor.  I am awaiting the next chapter.  I have another pompous one arsehole crawling, telling me and another lady that he can get authorities to track down the nutter and have him dragged from his home.  Yeah, right!  I don't know what planet these people are on, or in the case of the nutter what rock they crawled out from under, but it is a forum ffs!  Nothing to get your knickers in a knot about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

FIVE FREE BOOKS FOR NEW SUBSCRIBERS TO MY READERS' GROUP NEWSLETTER

FREE BOOKS These are the e-books you will receive absolutely free when you sign up for my Readers' Group Newsletter. Three of the...